SummitStone is working to address the needs of our youth, young adults and families in Larimer County who may find themselves experiencing First Episode Psychosis (FEP). We know psychosis can be treated, and early treatment increases the chance of a successful recovery.
The Ascent program provides evidenced-based practices to youth and young adults who are 15 to 29 years old. Clients receive treatment from an interdisciplinary team, who provide therapy, support for their employment and educational goals, assistance in managing symptoms, as well as helping them with medication and primary care coordination.
Ascent Program Information
- Serves clients aged 15-29 years old who are experiencing an onset of psychotic spectrum symptoms which may include troubling thoughts, feelings and behaviors
- Provides a community-based approach to mental wellness while providing treatment in a client-driven approach for up to 3 years
- Includes wraparound services from a multi-disciplinary team that include therapists, case managers, peer support specialists, substance abuse specialists, psychiatrists and nurses
- Exclusion criteria: pervasive developmental disorder, medical or neurological disorder, primary drug or alcohol use disorder.
Some of the Services We Offer
- Outreach and engagement
- Assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning by mental health professionals specifically trained in early psychosis work
- Education and support for individuals and families/primary support systems
- Crisis and relapse planning
- Assistance with knowing rights and available benefits
- Goal setting and planning
- Mentoring and opportunities to meet others
- Independent living skill development
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org